Ambon-Bandaneira-Ambon Diving Liveaboard
8 Days 7 Nights
Reef dives around Ambon are also spectacular with good coral coverage, schooling fish and unusual formations. There are so many species of fish present in the Ambon region that specialists cannot give the exact total number. What is known is that there are more than 3000 species of fish and several hundred species of corals accounted for with the numbers still rising. Even the healthiest of Caribbean reefs has only 10 or 20 percent of the species diversity of a comparable reef in Ambon.
Ambon's diving was one of the mecca's of Indonesia's diving. The near-mythical Twilight Zone, king of the Muck Dives in Ambon at Laha is still great. Previously this site was filled with devil scorpionfish, strange octopus, boxer crabs, leaf scorpionfish, nudibranchs galore, weird frogfish, shrimps, stargazers, the list goes on.
This is an amazing opportunity to explore Ambon's and Banda Neira's underwater world.
Day One : Ambon
Well-known as one of the best spots for dive aficionados, Ambon harbor is a long, deep harbor surrounded on both sides by steep, verdant volcanic slopes. A true sense of history overcomes one; imagining the great seafarers like Magellan, Cook and others sailing down the same bay’s mouth. One gets the impression that the area cannot have changed much since the days of these great explorers. The first dive site is under a pier close to the Ambon airport and has the boasting rights of being able to call itself the first great muck site in the world; this is normally where one can get a glimpse of the rare Ambon scorpion fish.
Also on offer is a pristine wreck covered with hard and soft corals, lots of fish and resting upright in relatively shallow water.
Day Two, Three, and Four : Banda Neira (12 dives)
Banda, has an important place in Indonesian and world history. Dominated by a 2500-foot active volcano, for more than three hundred years these tiny islands were the centre of wealth for the Dutch colonies.
The diving is also well-known for its good reef dives on the east and north sides of the islands. Here not only marine life treasures such as pipe fish of all varieties, frog fish of many varieties and color variations, and a plethora of juvenile fish seeking sanctuary in the calm waters, but also the least bashful and largest mandarin fish ever! These colorful gems are out of their hiding places all day and are in such shallow water that they can be seen from the pier.
Several famous dive sites are Suangi Island, Lava Flow Banda, Batu Kapal, Next Village as well as dive spot next to the Banda Harbour. Besides, we have an opportunity for trekking to Gunung Api. Next, we go back to Ambon
Day Five : Ambon - Nusa Laut (4 dives)
Nusa Laut is just east of Ambon was made famous from two of east Indonesia’s famous diving pioneers, Larry Smith and Edi Frommenweiler. Larry had said it was his favorite reef in the entire eastern region of this great archipelago. It is truly a spectacular location and a full days diving will be on offer. A dive next to the harbour will also be offered.
Day Six : Ambon( 4 dives)
Famous dive sites are wreck Ambon and Laha Muck Critters. We will offer four dives today.
Day Seven : Ambon (2 dives)
Last two dives of the trip is offered.
Day Eight : Ambon
Disembarkation. Trip ends
Facilities and Services Onboard
- Deck state cabin located on the middle and upper deck with a sea-view
- Deluxe cabin located on the lower deck
- Air- conditioned cabins with private bathroom (hot and cold showers)
- A tray of toiletries in each cabin
- Dining room and Bar
- 24 hours tea and coffee making facilities
- Vegetarian food available on request
- Easy access swim/boarding platform
- Fresh water on deck shower
- Complete scuba dive equipment
- Snorkel, canoe and fishing equipment
- TV, Karaoke & DVD entertainment units
- Computer with Adobe Photoshop application
- Laundry service
- On Board telecommunication
- 32% EAN Nitrox
- Accommodation onboard & meals (Light breakfast, breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Tea/coffee, bottled water, tea-time snacks
- National Park fee
- Certified Dive Master (ratio 1 DM : 5 divers)
- Cruise Accident Insurance
- Harbor and anchor fee
- Government tax
- Compressor, regular air fills 3000 psi or 200 bar, tank, weight belt
- International/domestic airfare and airport tax
- Soft drinks and alcohol beverages
- Personal travel Insurance
- Gratuities to guide and crew
- Onboard telecommunication
- Laundry service
- 32% EAN Nitrox - $20 per person per day